Leadership Tools for Organizational Productivity Transformation - Center for Organization Development (COD)
About Center for Organization Development (COD)
Established in January, 1980, as a non-profit registered society, the Centre for Organization Development has conducted 490 executive development programmes in which over 11,000 executives have participated. The Centre has also completed 32 research studies on subjects of contemporary relevance.
Staff of the Centre have provided consulting support to about 40 organizations, including Andhra Pradesh and Kerala Forest Department, Bharat Aluminium, Bharat Earth Movers Ltd., Bharat Electronics, Crompton Greaves, Essar Steel, Exim Bank, Hindustan Motors, PSEG India Ltd., Rashtriya Ispat Nigam, SAIL, Satyam Venture Engg. Services, TELCO, UNICEF, Wockhardt, etc.
The Centre has a distinguished Board of Governors, with chief executives of business and government organizations and social scientists as its members. The Centre also has a core staff group for professional work and support services.
The Centre is recognized as a Centre for doctoral research by Osmania University, as a scientific and industrial research organization by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India, and as a tax-exempt institution by the Department of Income Tax.
Requirement of COD
Center for Organization Development conducts a Leadership Workshop on "Leadership for Organizational Transformation"
The objectives of the workshop include:
- Understanding the breadth and depth of transformational change
- Organizational transformation to encourage productivity, innovation and growth
- Individual transformation to create effective corporate leaders in a changing global environment
KINDUZ was approached by COD to share best practices on "Leadership Tools for Organizational Productivity Transformation" with the participants. The participants came from companies like:
- Arcelor Mittal
- Singareni Collieries Company Ltd.
- Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd.
KINDUZ created a customized workshop for the participants.
Topics covered include:
- Productivity Improvement through People Transformation
- Importance of Organization Culture
- The University of Akron research
- Gallup Research
- Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture
- Initiating Organizational Culture Change
- Four Quadrant Culture Management Model
- Team vs. Individual Goals
- Productivity Improvement through Process Transformation
- Value Add vs. Non-Value Add Activities
- Value Stream Mapping
- 5S - Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke (Sort, Proper Arrangement, Shine, Standardize, Self Descipline)
- MUDA - Waste
- Pull Manufacturing
- Single - Piece - Flow in a Cell
- Continuous Flow
- Identifying the Business Need for Productivity Improvement
- Demand Supply Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- VRIO Analysis
- Prioritizing and Implementing Improvements Identified
- Effort - Impact Analysis
- Piloting and Refining Improvements
- Cost - Benefits Analysis